So, after making my “coloring bag” (also good for travel in the car), I took the left-over pants legs from my husbands old chinos and made them into a nice little pillow-case. Here’s how I did it:
- Get a travel pillow (you could make one from scratch - I found these at CVS).
- Cut off a pant leg from a worn pair of chinos. Choose a 15 in section of the pants that is wide enough to fit around the pillow.
- Sew: Sew up the side at an angle so the top and bottom end up the same width. Sew down the bottom of the pillowcase.
- Fold under the top of the pillow case twice and sew around.
- Turn right side out.
- I had them each choose a picture they wanted on them.
- Using a ball point pen, I wrote out their name and drew their respective fish, shark, and turtle
- Then using a back stitch I hand-stitched around my free-hand drawing. Then I embroidered on their names. With such a thick material for the pillow case - I didn't find any need for a hoop.
- Voila – no they each have a one-of-a-kind very special travel pillow.