I didn't want to mess with fusing and such, so I dealt with reinforcing the t-shirt material by using squares of an old sheet to sew underneath them.
- 2 13x13 squares of old sheet or similar cotton fabric
- 1 t-shirt
- 1 12x12 pillow form
- Sewing Machine
- Pin the 13x13 square of fabric to the front of the t-shirt, taking care to place any graphics in an appealing place.
- Cut around the 13x13 square.
- Repeat for the back of the t-shirt.
- Layer your squares with the t-shirts pieces sanwiched inside the cotton fabric. (the part you want to show should be facing each other in the middle.
- Using your machine, sew around the edges leaving a 1/2" seam. Leave a 5" opening for stuffing the pillow form in.
- Turn the pillow form right side out.
- Stuff your pillow form into the pillow case.
- Hand stitch up the seam. (Here is where I tried to take a short cut and use the sewing machine. You can see from the picture that it does not look pretty! I don't recommend it!)
- Ta-Da! now you have a soft comfy pillow.